Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Me and the Electric Bike

My first shot on the electric bike was fired off without enough time to make sure my whole head was in. But no matter. I thought some of you folks might like to see what my electric bike looks like.

Since I bought this little baby, I've been getting a constant cardio workout and I've found that it's much more enjoyable to be out in the open air (as long as you're not sitting still) than it is to be in a hot old car. I've also found that motorists are far more courteous to bikers around here than you might think. And there are far more bike lanes than I realized too. And the bus system makes much more sense when used with a bike.

Today I needed to hit the Green Hills branch library, so I pedaled on over. And then I realized I needed the post office too. And Trader Joe's. And all of these places I hit quite easily "while I was out." On the way back home, I stopped off at Sevier Park to take this photo.

And that's all for now. I promise there will be more.

Oh, and for anyone who may be interested in a bike of their own, I got mine at Worldwide Electric Bikes (www.worldwideelectricbikes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment